Dr Raaj Chandra is a colorectal surgeon who specialises in advanced laparoscopic surgery for colorectal cancer and inflammatory bowel disease. He also performs colonoscopy, gastroscopy, major bowel resections, surgery for perianal conditions and general surgical emergencies.
- MBBS University of Tasmania
- BMed Sci University of Tasmania
- FRACS Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
Education and Training
- Clinical Examiner - First part of FRACS exams
- RACS Trainees
- He has just returned after 8 months in the UK where he is studying a Master’s degree in Surgical Education at Imperial College, London.
He is a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS) and has completed post – fellowship training in specialist colorectal surgery at the Royal Adelaide Hospital, St Vincent’s Hospital, Melbourne and Geelong Hospital. He is a member of the Colorectal Surgical Society of Australia and New Zealand (CSSANZ) as well as a member of the Section of Colon and Rectal Surgery at the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons.
Dr Chandra practices at the Royal Melbourne Hospital and the new Box Hill Hospital and operates privately at the Epworth Eastern and North Park private hospitals.
He is actively involved in clinical research and teaching of medical students and trainee surgeons. Research includes investigating the role of extended thromboprophylaxis in colorectal cancer surgery.