Dr Raaj Chandra
Dr Raaj Chandra is a highly experienced Colorectal Surgeon specialising in minimally invasive (“keyhole”) surgery. He underwent medical training at the University of Tasmania, following which he served in the Royal Australian Air Force as a full time Medical Officer before embarking on advanced general surgical and trauma training at the Alfred Hospital in Melbourne.
Dr Chandra then completed further sub-specialty training comprising three years of post-Fellowship surgical training in colorectal surgery.
Dr Chandra is keenly interested in the education of medical students, junior doctors and senior trainees. He recently completed a Master of Education in Surgery at the prestigious Imperial College in London. He is also highly active in medical and surgical research, having published widely in over 20 studies.
Dr Chandra operates from Melbourne’s leading hospitals, which include onsite ICU, medical staff, onsite cardiac services, onsite rehab and best-practice sterilisation facilities.
- FRACS (2010)
- MEd (Surgical) (Imperial College London, UK)
- MBBS (Tasmania, 1998)
- BMedSci (Tasmania, 1995)
- Colorectal Surgical Fellowship: Royal Adelaide Hospital, St Vincent’s Hospital, Melbourne Hospital, Geelong Hospital.
- Colorectal Surgical Society of Australia & New Zealand CSSANZ.
- Section of Colon and Rectal Surgery, RACS.
- Royal Melbourne Hospital (public)
- Box Hill Hospital (public)
- Epworth Eastern Private
- Melbourne Private
Areas of Expertise
- Bowel cancer & screening
- Colonic bleeding
- Anal fissure
- Perianal abscess
- Diverticular disease
- Anal fistula
- Rectal Prolapse
- Ulcerative colitis